- Better care for our pets = pets live longer
- More income for veterinarians & labs = economic stimulus
- Owners REJOICE! Our pets can finally be treated as family & not property
Some terms may include:
- Original receipts must accompany tax forms; even a form for veterinarians to verify
- A cap on the deduction, as there is for college tuition, say $1500-$2500
- We can even have the cost of the office visit not count, as most insurance companies would agree.
It may not help that much, but it would be help! I see so many struggling to pay a $1200 vet bill, or people can't afford cancer treatment for their pets. This way we can treat our animals with a little more confidence, knowing our investments in their health not only has a small tax benefit, but we get to have them that much longer. And I bet we'd all agree we'd like that.
If you think this is a good idea, leave a screen name here as a comment. I'll send on to the powers that be.
If you think this is a stupid idea, just ignore me! I can't fight city hall without you, so if most of you disagree, I will bide by the masses!