Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Duncan Went to the Vet


Duncan went to the vet this morning to get a six-month kennel cough shot, and I also decided to give him the canine flu shot. I can't let anything happen to this little guy! He is in perfect health, even his ears were perfect. Thanks to this rotten weather, he is at his maximum weight of 19.7lbs! I didn't think he'd get past 19. If it ever stops raining we can run again! He is so active and I am careful to give him the right foods and no bad treats. I think with 6 of us here, someone slips him a piece of meat now & then that is too big for a little dog. So I made sure to tell everyone to cut back. With the rain outside, he jumps & runs in the house, and still sleeps ALL night long! What a good boy! Oh, and one thing I read--the serving sizes listed on dog food packaging are intended for dogs that are not neutered, so dogs that are fixed need smaller servings. Makes sense! And the vet is always surprised--that he goes all year, even the spring, with no allergy symptoms. No itchiness, no sneezing, no skin irritations. Yea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wesie in a Tie

Wesie in a Tie
Westie in a bow tie!